So the hardest thing I think as a Christian is to understand God's timing. So often I find myself thinking "but when will my prayer be answered"? I have never had doubt that prayers get answered, just without knowing when kills me sometimes! And I do know it's not always the answer you want.
We waited almost 10 years to be blessed with a child.... and guess what? It was soooo worth it! I couldn't have crafted a better design myself. But going through the waiting part was almost by far the biggest challenge I had ever faced and that our marriage has faced. Now I am up against another, what seems like impossible challenge. One HUGE prayer was answered this week (which we are so very grateful for- and didn't really have to wait that long :-) and one new terrible situation occurred. My Mee Maw was diagnosed with pancreatic/liver cancer that has come up just within the last 4 mths. She is by far the most incredible woman (next to my own mom) I have ever known. I pride myself in having many of the same qualities as her but will never achieve the kindness she has always extended others. I was the only grandchild for 6 years and therefore, developed a very strong bond with my grandmother. To think that God is could be ready for her to be an angel for him in Heaven is almost unbearable for me. To not hear her voice on the end of the line and words of reassurance is one day going to be to much to handle. BUT I know God has a plan and I hope it's in line with mine- LOL! To keep her around with as little pain as possible to spend a few more joyous days with her. She is beautiful, she is strong, she is brave, she is kind and it is not fair that she has been attacked by this disease. But knowing life is not fair, I will pray and pray for God's will to be done and for me to be able to handle whatever it is.
We have dealt with a few curve balls this year and nothing has gotten us down yet . Our lives are so fulfilled and blessed that how could we question that God is good. We don't. We just live day to day cherishing the times we had and the times ahead - hoping for peace.
Sunday, June 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment