Well, I can't believe my little boy is 2, my hubby is FORTY and I am holding at 37 big ones! Yep, we have all had our summer birthdays..... summer fun is over. THANK GOODNESS! It has been so fast and furious around here that I find it hard to think sometimes. Truly we have had a great time celebrating the summer and enjoying watching Luke craft new words everyday AND cross major milestones like using the potty FOUR times at daycare!!! BUT there has been a lot of trying moments mixed in as well. My Mee Maw has become bed ridden almost completely with cancer and we have made 2 trips to Beaumont with another one coming up just to spend time with her. It weighs so heavily on my heart daily that I can't be with her and see her smiling face. But I have faith in God's plan and trust that his timing for everything is best. I am finding it is so hard the older you get to manage relationships and others expectations. I am trying to make more choices for ME and my family and that is a real challenge for a "yes girl". :-) it's hard to manage. My body feels run down and OLD and I know it is do to stress. But knowing God doesn't give us more than we can handle, we are hanging in there.
Luke's 2 year appt went well and we are now a 2% milk family! He weighs 29 lbs (60%), is 35.5 inches (50%) and has an avg size noggin. We couldn't be more pleased with his development and boy has he had a fun summer with Mimi, KK, and cousins! He is also demonstrating what they refer to as the "terrible two's" very well. He tries our patience every day and thank goodness I have had Chris home to balance the frustrations! Chris heads to work at his new job Aug 1 which we are so very thankful for. But it is bitter sweet since he will be hitting the road full force and Luke and I will miss him.
Hoping we have happier days and less stressful moments ahead and I can find time to write more about this wonderful life we live.
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment