Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Countdown to 2....

Well, as I sit here preparing to board the plane and have a wonderful time at one of my best friends weddings FAR away in Sonoma.... my heart is a little twisted. I am super excited for Kelli and feel fortunate that I can be there with her, but so sad I don't get to wake my baby up on the morning of his 2nd birthday. Although we have been celebrating for 1 week already, he has no idea he is turning 1 year older, but boy do we. 
What a difference one year makes.... he wasn't even walking on his 1st birthday and now he runs everywhere! He wasn't saying much but Dada and an occasional Mama, but now he says EVERYTHING that we do and almost crystal clear. He pats me on the back as I take him to day care each morning (like he's comforting ME that I am leaving him for the day). He still LOVES trucks... that has not changed.


Learning to be a mom has not been that hard for me... but learning to be a really good mom, wife, and working woman is a struggle. It's a good thing I have so many awesome people in my life to make it easier. I could not do as well as I do without these people:

  • Chris-he puts Luke to be almost every night and tells him he loves him every day- and does the dishes sometimes and takes out the trash :)
  • Mom-she runs around town picking up party items and special things she knows Luke will like for his party and still arrives with a smile. Not to mention rearranging her plans at the drop of a hat to care for him while we enjoy Sonoma.
  • Aunt Donna- she is nothing but fun and we all need someone in our lives like her. She is loving too and always says the right things. Plus she totes my Mee- Maw around so she doesn't miss big events.
  • My mother in law- she provides for Luke the same as she does for her other grandkids and doesn't like missing any big moments. She is selfless and giving. 
I know there are others, but I just love the people above and realize that my life is enriched by having them in it. 




How much I will miss that sweet smile in the mornings that immediately points to the rocking chair and a book and says "wock" right when he wakes up the morning. But he likely won't miss us as much... he will be with his Mimi! I would take waking up to him any day over a slight wine hang over! LOL! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment