Whew! So I have found myself with a little more spare time over the next couple days. Is this good or bad? I can clearly say that I don't know yet. Having sent my spouse and 3 year old off to Houston for the week, my heart is mixed with emotions. I am trying to reflect on things I feel I never have time to do so I can make a list and start tacking it but why am delaying and drawing a blank?
Maybe it's because I can take a minute to catch my breath and reflect..... things seem to snow ball with kids around and the to do list never ends. Bills. Activities. School. Laundry. Administering medicine. Picking up. Making time for Fun. Life. It never ends. Then suddenly it does and I can't think of one thing I want to do for myself (that doesn't require a lot of money) while I am catching my breath. Hmm. Makes me think the craziness is what I crave and what I am used to and the few times I step away for a massage or pedicure or girls night is just enough. I spent enough time trying to become a Mom that I always want to be that. People say that often your children become your identity and while that can be true I think we strike a good balance (and maybe that's because we only have one). :-)
This summer has been truly busy and FUN filled. We have beached it, swam, been to family and friends birthday parties, ridden motorcycles, been to parades, watched fireworks, fished, dug really large holes, played in the sprinklers, been to water-parks, the zoo, ridden trains..... not many moments have been STILL. So I am enjoying stillness, but am missing my fun filled, busy life too! Luke travels like a trooper and besides getting over tired and coming off sugar highs occasionally, he is a pretty well behaved 3 year old. Yes, we have a good kid and and kind kid.
Now- are we ready for the holidays and the crisp chill in the air.... I will tell you after I complete my time in stillness. :-)
Wednesday, September 4, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment