Wednesday, June 19, 2013

THREE years old!

Long ago in the Hiltpold Family it was just us 2 and 2 devoted pups. Far away in a galaxy high up in the skies, God was formulating his plan to make me a Mom and Chris a Dad. Three years ago his plan was executed and we became the proud parents of Christopher Luke Hiltpold.

On the eve of Luke's birth, I was closing down my office at USAA, secretly and nervously preparing for my 3 month leave away from the office to be a MOM. Not many of my co-workers knew my secret to become a MOM because I was afraid God's plan may not work out and Luke's birth mom may decide to selfishly keep Luke for her own. While I knew HE was in control, there were still a lot of unknowns. We had 2 names picked out: Christopher Luke (same initials as Chris) and Tucker James (James after my Paw Paw). We decided to wait until we met him to decide.

The morning we awoke to head to hospital was full of anticipation and excitement. No matter what the outcome, we had already grown to love this little one growing in his birth mom's womb and just wanted him to be healthy. Well - he made us wait ALL day..... and finally at 7:10pm on Thursday, June 10th Luke made his big debut!!! Right away the nurses said "he has a dimple"! We started making calls as they cleaned him up and tended to his birth mom and the first person I spoke to was my precious Mee Maw (how fitting since she was the one who prompted us to adopt). Her voice full of excitement for us was wonderful to hear and how I wish I could hear her now.

Chris continued to giggled his way through the evening and while swapping him back and forth between us he put together a text message stating "Christopher Luke Hiltpold". My heart was overwhelmed with Love.  The next few days were filled with uncertainty yet excitement for the days ahead. And Luke's birth mom selflessly went through with her decision to make us Mom and Dad. She loved Luke as much or more than I did at that moment. There is know other way to explain how she made that decision.




Driving home, we still couldn't believe we had a baby in the back! I kept telling Chris to drive slow yet we wanted to go fast to get him home and share him with the world! Luke came home to a full house of grandparents and great grandparents to welcome him and as I went to sleep that night with him in the bassinet next to me I had no idea of the perfectness of our life.


Three months FLEW by and I didn't have to return to the hussel and bussel of work- I got to stay home and full fill my life long dream of being Mom. The Lord has blessed us abundantly and while the days and time with him are still too short lived, I am glad my Luke is in each and every day I live and every breath I breathe.

Happy Birthday little man!




No comments:

Post a Comment