Monday, January 14, 2013

So I resolve to.....................................................

Have patience. Have a better attitude and be closer to God. I didn't make a list of NY Resolutions this year but I do have "areas of improvement" for myself. I have realized I am entirely too task oriented so making a list of things I want to accomplish is not for me.... this year anyway!

2012 was not such a fab year but 2013 has started off pretty great!

Luke is so much fun and boy is he smart. He is getting this "I can control mommy and daddy" thing down- yep he has found our buttons and he uses them OFTEN. He is becoming interested in doing things himself (putting on his socks, tying his shoes) but still enjoys it when I feed him. Hmmm. He LOVES Lego's. Seriously, Chris and I could actually take a nap in the same room with him when he is playing Lego's (not that we do this- don't call CPS)! They do keep his little mind busy though. We saw his first theater movie on New Year's Eve -Monsters, Inc. and he did GREAT! We rang in our first NY Eve with him and it was just as great (or better) than partying it up! We did dinner, did firecrackers and Chris and I shared some champagne while he had apple juice.

We also took in Monster Jam this last weekend! Oh. my. goodness. It was FUN! Luke loved it and secretly I think we did too! It was really cool and he asked me if we could go again today.

He is doing awesome at potty training and is even wearing underwear for a long periods of time! I can hear the savings in my head -cha ching!

Even though 2012 wasn't a stellar year with the losses we experience and the unexpected "eye issues" I experienced and Chris unexpected job change,  it was still much sweeter because of this sweet face:








2 comments:

  1. He is getting sooooooo big! Carson loves legos just as much and that is about the only thing that will keep him occupied for hours. He is the most precious child and much loved. Yall are doing great as parents and he couldn't ask for any better parents. Thank you with all my heart and soul for blessing me with the love that you and chris give him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for filling the space in our hearts with this little boy. He is truly the best thing and the most perfect make up of a little boy we could have ever imagined. Loving him is easy. :-)

      Delete