Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Our summer "1st"



Summertime is officially here but we have been celebrating summer for 2 weeks already! It's no secret that the Hiltpold's LOVE summer ........ fishing, the beach, swimming, sun, fishing, HOT, cool summer breeze, salt water, fishing (did I mention that one yet) ;-). Luke has already experienced the beach, a swimming pool, the park AND a boating trip with Uncle Maynard and Aunt Tiff!
PLUS this weekend we survived another trip to Dallas to visit with Cade who turned 3!
This kid does not miss a beat & never complains! I am convinced we are in for it when he starts walking and talking, but for now, I am simply amazed. Here are some cool things he is doing now:
  1. sings to himself in the car (no words just melody)
  2. dances by bouncing his legs
  3. moves from one piece of furniture to another (on foot)
  4. sits on Hunter and Fisher while bouncing as well as pulls at their toes
  5. puts his "arms up" when asked
  6. announces "all done" when he finishes his bobo
  7. he is only taking milk out of a sippy cup (no more bottles)!
  8. likes to turn the lights on an off and constantly point to them and fans
  9. graciously gives you something he is holding then takes it away before you grab it
  10. he has gotten another tooth in so he has a total of 5!
  11. Points to EVERYTHING!
  12. puts the toy cell phone up to his ear when I tell him to :-)
  13. curls his toes when concentrating and picks up things with them (like a monkey)
All this and not even 1, such an over achiever. ;-) Seriously though, we owe a lot of these new things he is doing to our new nanny who is fabulous! Her name is Bri and she seems to really enjoy Luke and being here which we are grateful for.
On another note, Chris is actively working, interviewing and being a great Dad. He has many opportunities lined up and while we are so grateful for the extra time he spends at home, I am excited for him to find that next new venture. Luke truly adores him (it makes me quite jealous sometimes) but I am glad for it! They enjoy spending time together doing things like....


smearing icing on each other.

I am also keeping busy at work but have some spare time on my hands to get prepared for the BIG 1st year party, which is nice! When I think about what we were doing at this time last year, I can't even hold it together. We were full of anticipation for the future and meeting the love of our lives but yet not knowing if he would be ours to keep. If only I could have know while waiting that Luke was ours before he was born into this world. God made him for us and now that we are a year down the road I find myself still full of anticipation and excitement for us and our lives- so not much has changed really. Only now, I have this:


No comments:

Post a Comment