I didn't spend the day with my mom this year, but my heart was with her. One of my best friends got to spend the day with her mom but sadly her mother lost her fight to cancer by the end of their last mothers day together. My heart was with my best friend as well. Every day I am reminded of how important it is to live every moment to the fullest and to enjoy the people in your life for the time they are here... yet it's so hard to practice that when "life" gets in the way. I have also learned that while I have many roles to play in life, I can't do them all 10-% al of the time! You wear your self out and life passes you by when you try. This year, mothers day will mark the beginning of a new outlook from me. I realized that while I hold many titles (daughter, friend, wife, etc) and while I am proud to be all of those things, that being good to my family is the most rewarding of them all and as long as I am living up to being a good wife and mother, I am happy with that. I heard Rob Lowe say on Oprah the other day "your children are only yours and in your home for a short time, then they leave and they are the worlds so take advantage of the time you have with them in your home". Before I release mine to the world, I want to be a mom he can brag about!
Monday, May 9, 2011
Mothers Day
Wow, Mothers Day this year was full of ups and downs and surprises. I am have been so immersed in searching for a new nanny, doing a good job (at all of my jobs), and fighting a cold that it kinda snuck up on me. I will admit that I had no fun ideas for what I wanted to do for "my special day" and all I could think about was relaxing. :-) I know.... welcome to the mom club, right? KK came to help out during the week so Chris and I could continue working and look for another nanny. It lifted so much weight from me and I don't know how to thank her enough. We had pre mothers day celebration with steaks with both moms on Weds. night and finished off the week strong with much needed errands accomplished and 3 nanny interviews scheduled for today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tiffany, I just read your Mother's Day post today....I love it. I understand about everything you wrote. Life is so quick and full of unimportant things. I support you in being a loving wife and mother! :)
ReplyDelete