Wednesday, July 7, 2010

27 days old






Well, it's hard to believe Luke will be 1 mth old on Saturday! Where does the time go? He seriously better slow his growing down before I lose it! He continues to be a great baby, on a schedule and eating up to 6oz in one sitting at times! I think we have a linebacker on our hands!
Ok, so I know you all will think I have been hanging out at the crazy farm, but I promise you that yesterday he did roll over from his tummy to back! PROMISE! He has been maneuvering one arm under his body when we put him on his stomach the last few times and he will hang out on his side.... well, yesterday when he was hanging on his side, he got very frustrated and started crying and when I went to grab him, poof-he rolled right over to his back! No help from mom! It was quite a cool moment.... the dogs and I celebrated with Luke for a few moments then he celebrated by taking a nap. :-)
He holds his head up strong and is starting to notice and reach for things you hold in front of him (or think about reaching for it)! We enjoyed our first family outing over July 4th weekend to Lampasas and he did great. Kept his schedule and hung out with the family but did miss the fireworks show that his Dad put on (maybe next year).
July will be a busy month as we have friends and family coming to visit over the next few weeks (Grandpa & Grandma Lowe, Mee Maw, Aunt Crazy, Aunt Sabrina and Schanen). I am enjoying my time for him and it's bitter sweet making calls on child care for when I return to work 1st of Sept. Keep us in your prayers that we make the right decision on child care for Luke (and for us) and that the person who watches him for us will treat him as their own. The days go by so fast and before I know it, it's time to take my evening nap (around 10:30pm) before I get up to feed him again around 3-4am. He is really great though and lets me go back to bed right after feedings, yay!
Well, that's it for now, off to run errands before the rain swoops in.

No comments:

Post a Comment