Sunday, December 13, 2009

Interviews and more interviews!


Well we are making our way through the home study interview process. Chris and I had our first interview together 2 Friday's ago then he had his individual interview last Friday. I have mine tomorrow then finally she will visit our home on 12/18! We are on schedule to get the home study part completed by year end. The social worker was very helpful and gave us a lot of reference material to help us prepare to raise an adopted child and also help our child as they get older understand how their situation came to be. I have also started working on our photo book for the birth mom's to review. After receiving some tips from the agency, I will be simplifying it a little bit and hopefully complete it by year end.


Christmas is in full swing! We had our 1st round this weekend with my mother in law, brother in law and his family in Dallas. It was a lot of fun watching my nephew unwrap his presents and play. He is not much of a Santa Claus fan (we went to the mall on Sat. and he cried out just looking at Santa)! We also had a CVC Christmas party to attend on Sat. night which we really enjoyed. The whole weekend was very festive and I am not excited about going to my less "festive" job tomorrow. :-(


I attached a pic of our bandaged dog.... Fisher had a staple removed from his paw the Friday after Thanksgiving but it apparently didn't heal completely, so he got re-bandaged this last Sat. and back on the antibiotics. I swear Hunter was never this much of a mess! Poor guy though.. he goes crazy staying inside to keep his bandage dry so we hope we can take it off tomorrow and he heals well.

2 comments:

  1. What about the dogs and the baby? Fisher is so cute...can't wait to meet him. Call me sometime, and let me know that you read my blog lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. getting so excited for you! hope your home study went well. praying for you every day!!

    ReplyDelete