
Then came Fathers Day, then my girls Six Pack weekend trip to Houston and Chris' Annual Fishing Tournament.
Luke got to spend about 7 days at KK's house with fun filled summer activities, then came July 4th where we celebrated with our craziest Aunt and Uncle (Donna and Hank) at the beach. This was especially a fun year due to the nice neighbor we had and the affection he had for Luke and sharing all of their fun toys (jet ski's, boats, tube rides, etc).
We have been traveling across TX with our travel trailer and are really getting the hang of it! We have been to Jellystone Canyon Lake and Goose Island State Park in Rock Port with our fun neighbors. We are headed to Island RV in Port A this weekend.
Phew! I am exhausted just documenting it all! Truly it has been fun filled and I anticipate that it will remain so. However, with all of this activity, it is hard to keep a 4 year old on track. As soon as he gets used the normalcy of our home routine, we are off again! He has had some challenges with discipline and defiance but Chris and I are working hard to parent him God's way and provide boundaries and consistency. It's hard when you don't have ALL the answers! Overall, I just want him to be kind, loving, respectful and to ENJOY life. But along with that comes, sitting still some in class, following directions and doing some things you just don't want to do!
He had his 4 year shots/check up and he is tracking along just great. He weighs 39 lbs (75%), is 42.5 inches tall (90%) and has 20/20 vision and good hearing- praise the Lord! He was so brave with his shots and didn't shed a tear, just a small lip quiver. He did have quite the reaction though as his arm spread red all under the skin over the next 2 days but eventually disappeared.
I continue to be amazed with his wit and how smart he is. He still doesn't meet a stranger and loves and hugs on everyone. He is quite the "charmer" his teachers and most people say. Don't I know it! Oh and he is a great negotiator (wonder who he learned this from).
In summary, we are tan, tired, our hearts are full of thankfulness and love for our life and this boy!





I can not believe he's 4 and growing up so fast. My sister showed me a video earlier that brought me to tears. I am so glad you write this blog. Please dont stop I love to see his smile. He definitely has a very loving happy life. Thank you for being amazing parents hes truly blessed
ReplyDelete