Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter 2012





Well, the Easter bunny came this year and left little nest all over the house for Luke to find- what fun! He was in "yum yum" heaven! We had a very fun filledweekend, starting with a trip to Gruene Sat. morning to visit with Aunt Crazy, Uncle Hank and the Chestnut crew! It was a HOT day so Luke took a dip and learned how cascarones work:

I went shopping and Chris held down the fort with Luke and Uncle Hank. Then Mimi met us a home to get ready for Easter Sunday festivities. We headed to early church and while I stayed in the nursery, Luke came home for a nap and Mimi and Chris got ready for our lunch guest. Aunt Sheryl and UBud came over to spend the day and we dyed Easter Eggs, hunted them and had lots of other fun. Luke really has the hunting egg gig down... he would not even let me hold his basket when it got really heavy:

As our backyard project is coming to aclose and I am having fun shopping.... I have really been reflecting on how fortunate weare to do nice things for ourselves. God has really blessed us and he continues to. It's easy to forget who is responsible for all of our blessings in the midst of everything, but when I slow down, I know to give all the Glory to God! I wish sometimes life was designed so you could see a loved one when you thought of them or missed them, but life is filled with choices and putting others in front of yourself is often the way to go. In the next coming busy weeks, I am going to put some of my "to do's" aside to visit loves ones who need us.

On another note, I am 2 weeks away from Vegas and the following week is Kelli's shower in Boerne. So I am busy girl and I know it won't slow down until summer is over.. I LOVE IT! Work has been so busy lately that I haven't had as much spare time to run a quick grocery errand during the day, so truly experiencing the "working mom day these days"- yuck :-(. I finally had a lift later in the week, so Luke and I took sometime to shop for the backyard and my upcoming wedding events. Retail therapy is awesome! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment