So I am a planner...... and I get really caught up at the first of the year in thinking about projects and "things to do". I have a list a mile long (usually in my head) of things I want to accomplish. Not necessarily resolutions, just "things". While I have already tackled a lot of on my list, I was thinking yesterday while running, "I could really drive myself crazy with planning"! But I am one of those people who if I don't write something down it gets forgotten so I have always planned! However, one of my downfalls is flowing with things that aren't planned and especially now with a kiddo, I am learning many things in life aren't "planned". :-) So my resolution is to adjust...... now to get Chris to adjust! We have friends who invite us out last minute or the day before and we simply can't operate that way. I'd like to say that some of it is out of respect - "we can't ask mom to baby sit tonight with no notice" or "we can't leave Luke tonight when he's been in school all day" but I also know that it is just going against the grain for us. Don't get me wrong, responding to life's curve balls and spontaneous activities are so much fun sometimes, it's just learning how to take these things on. I will resolve to do better.
On the flip side, what a fun weekend we had a Riley's 8th bday party! Luke went ice skating for the first time.... that's right ICE skating! He did fairly well (in the smallest skates they had) and really enjoys being around other kiddos most of all. Riley just adores him and it's so fun to be around people who do. I wish I had some pictures to share of us on skates, but since we were all on the ice, I didn't take any. Hoping to get some from KK soon!
Chris is off on the road today and me and him are still fighting allergies! Will be glad when cold and flu season are over! My job is super busy, which I am thankful for and I am already looking forward to a break in June when we head to Sonoma. Well I am off, much to do on the "to do" list today! LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment