We had such a great Christmas it is hard to capture it all in words. After making our family road trips, we settled in at home for Christmas Eve and Day. Joined by Mimi, we cooked, we laughed, we played, ate and drank for 3 days! I think it was much easier on Luke being in his own home/bed. He napped and slept pretty well (except for the initial winding down after Christmas Cookies). :-) He got trucks, a wagon, a tricycle, books, a craft table and lots of games. We finally got some sunshine on Christmas Day where we could take him outside and enjoy the "riding toys". One of our favorite clothing items he received was a robe and house shoes and it was sort of coincidental that they totally matched Chris' evening lounging attire:
So adorable! They are quite the pair. I can honestly say that I can hardly remember what Christmas' were like before. There is so much joy in watching a little one's eyes light up when they see Christmas lights or a present they like that I can't imagine being full filled by a bunch of presents for myself. I have also realized the importance of emphasizing the reason for the season not just to Luke but throughout the household. We have spoken about Jesus' birthday more in the last 24 days than I think I have in my whole life! Not something I am proud of BTW. Every time I look at a full plate of food and a tree covered with presents, I am reminded of the ultimate sacrifice and how very blessed our family is. It is my goal to remember that feeling all through out the year and for Luke to understand his blessings as well.
On a different note, we got a very big present on our wall this season..... we finally got the marlin I caught in Hawaii in and ON the wall! It's so awesome to think back when we moved in how we talked about hanging a big fish in this space and to actually accomplish it is AWESOME!
On a different note, we got a very big present on our wall this season..... we finally got the marlin I caught in Hawaii in and ON the wall! It's so awesome to think back when we moved in how we talked about hanging a big fish in this space and to actually accomplish it is AWESOME!
No comments:
Post a Comment