When I think about our little life and family lately, this is the word that comes to mind, blessings. I can't believe I was chosen to be Luke's mom and Chris' wife. Don't get me wrong- this is a challenging job and it's easy to feel overwhelmed but taking time in the morning to structure my days has really helped. Luke is busy learning at school and making friends. He is really doing well at Mini Texans and I continue to love the programs and people there. They are really pushing him to learn his letters and numbers, which he is learning, but he is young in his class so he is a little behind. He can tell you how to spell HIS name and he knows most of his 1-10 numbers.
He also knows disappointment and remorse….. he knows when he has done wrong and thinks that "sorry" makes it all better! We are working hard to teach him about consequences but I tell you he is a really good negotiator! I think our discipline strategy changes daily- whatever he needs for that day, we do. And he is a lover……. I know everyone says enjoy the cuddles while they are little, but this guy is going to be an affectionate one. And I for one, couldn't love it more! He loves to sit on you, next to you or by you ALL the time. And he will tuck you in while watching TV together and pat your back if your sad. And he will be the first to tell you "you heart his heart" if you have done something to upset him… ugh, that one is hard to hear! He is just an amazing little being.
We are gearing up for our first trip to Disneyworld next week! I am excited but nervous about planning it all out!This is sort of a trial trip so I know we won't hit everything but I still want us to maximize our time and see/do all we can do. Above all, I am looking forward to the warm sun and having lots of fun.
Speaking of fun, we will be having a lot more of it together as a family with the purchase of the travel trailer! We have our first trip planned to Goose Island for Memorial Day with our neighbors! Luke is beside himself about "his new trailer" and I know we will make many memories!
I am also refreshing the house a bit, so that is keeping my mind busy! We are painting next Monday and changing some things around. After being here over 5 years I felt it was time! I am so excited about my mini face lift and will admit to my selling household items online and on FB addiction-LOL! It's all been fun though and the extra cash is being put right back in to the house, so it can't hurt!
Finally, our little fury friend is lonely I think… if this weather ever cooperates, we have promised him a day at the Dog Park. And Luke says he will help me give him a bath. Ha! Fisher needs a little TLC and some interaction with some of his kind. I am not sure this house is ready for a puppy.
All good things my friends!
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment