Plan.....we are planners. But every time we make plans lately, we get derailed with an unexpected curve ball. Hmmmmm, someone is trying to tell us something. I just read my last post and while I still feel all those things I wrote, my plans have been .... um derailed a bit.
My eye doctor discovered that I had a detached retina (after a few weeks of "not seeing just right") in my right eye. This was 3 weeks ago, since then, I have been through 3 procedures and about 6 visits to the Dr. While I am so thankful we caught it early, it is simply one of the most challenging health related issues I have ever been through. They inserted a gas bubble in my eye (that's right... with a NEEDLE) to help heal the tears.... this bubble is still "with" me and will be for about another 2-3 weeks until my eye absorbs it. They then froze the healed portion of the eye and while I still have one stubborn spot, they have now lasered a majority of the eye to provide "insurance" for future tears.
Why did this happen? The Dr. says "bad luck". I guess I have decided that God has a reason for "slowing me down" these last few weeks. I haven't discovered what that reason is yet, but I have felt a little more joy in standing upright (literally) and looking people in the eye, and holding my precious boy and hugging my husband.
There have been many activities we had "planned" that we had to cancel due to this situation as well as my grandmothers passing, but maybe it's just God's way of reminding us of who's in control. :-)
Sunday, September 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment