Monday, August 22, 2011

And we are in SCHOOL now


It's official, my little squirt has started "day school". :-( He is going 3 day's per week (M,W,F) to start off and the first week started off as well as could be expected. The first day he eyes lit up when he saw all of the other kids his own size in the class room and was off to play! The 2nd day, same story pretty much but was a bit emotional when I picked him up. On Friday, he had started to catch wind that I was going to leave him so he welled up a little when I waved bye bye- BUT that lasted for 1 split second and after a big smile from mom- he was off! So needless to say we are in an adjustment period with sleeping and eating schedules. The day care does everything almost opposite of what we did so in order to keep some consistency on Tues. and Thursday's for him, I am trying to mold to their schedule a bit. Which means.... shorter naps at different times and earlier bed times (and wake up times). We had a great weekend, just relaxing us three and did church Sunday and had Mimi over to play on Sunday evening. I have been volunteering in our church nursery and it always helps me to remember how fortunate our family is. Some kids come in dirty and wearing the wrong shoes, etc. and it really puts things in perspective. We are so blessed to be wearing CLEAN, NEW AND CUTE CLOTHES but also to know that God loves us whatever package we come in!



On a different note, I had soooo much fun with my girls in NB and Gruene. Games, drinks, food, heat, gossip, laughing, food, drinks - it doesn't get much better! We are some hot mama's I will tell you that! :-) AND I came home to a sparkling clean house and a happy hubby and baby. I decided I must do this more often!
I can't believe Fall is around the corner and so is our trip to Hawaii!!! When am I going to get in shape? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment