Saturday, October 17, 2009

Decisions almost made!


We had our final interview with an agency on Thursday and I left feeling very encouraged about our prospects... turns out this last one (Adoption Alliance) has an owner who has a house in Rockport and Cancun and the son we met with loves to fish! Well... you know people after our own hearts are hard to deny! ;-) We have all but decided to go with this agency.. no not because of the beach/fishing acesses, but b/c they do more adoptions annually and have resources outiside of TX that would perhaps get us a caucasian baby a little faster. We are still prepared to wait 2 years - but hope we don't have to. The next step is the home study and Chris jokes that I am worried we won't pass... they say it's a breeze but the first agency we spoke with a year or so ago put a scare in me telling me it was like an FBI investigation and they would INSPECT your home with a fine tooth comb! Come on- not like we have any secrets but you never know what you find in your house when you are not looking for it! Anyhow, I feel very relived that the interviewing is over and now we get to shell out the $ and the hunt is on!

In other news.. Fall is here and I forget how much I love this time of year! The dogs are frisky and as I sit here right now we have the windows and doors to the house wide open. I love the hill country, no traffic or honking horns for miles! USAA slowed down enough for me to get home before 6pm two nights this week! So nice. Chris leaves for a conference in NOrleans tomorrow morning, so a short weekend for us. Need to go spend some much needed time in the yard.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you found an agency you are comfortable with. You will need that to help with your emotions through the process. As far as the home study, it is no big deal. Just make sure your cleaning supplies are in a secure place or out of reach. Other than that it is really just a time for the agency to get to know you in your environment.
    I'm praying for you guys.
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete