Monday, December 1, 2014

Feeling "funky"

Not in a good way though..... I was in a "funk" the days following Thanksgiving and have decided that it is over starting today. It is so easy to get overwhelmed by the Holiday's and the expectations that come along with them. The family you need and want to see, the gifts you need and want to buy, the magic you need and want to share with your child. All of the festivities that keep you busy can and WILL get in the way of your joy.

NOT this year! I am going to decorate the house until I am tired of decorating (which is now actually) and do my gift shopping with a smile on my face (likely while am clicking around online) and drink less and eat less too. Anything in excess steals your joy! I am going to exercise when I can but mostly try to exercise my mind around the reason for the season. I want Luke to experience ALL of the joy and magic that comes along with this time of year and not stressed out and overworked mom!

This means I will probably let some people down but as long as it's not my God or 2 boys I am okay with that.

So Cheers to a glorious Season (with a rating report due in January on my performance).


No comments:

Post a Comment