So as the days go by I am finding myself lost in the little moments and not putting so much emphasis on the bigger ones. It's not the big expensive activities that steal my heart these days, it's the simple "thanks" I get from Luke when I hand him something or "yep" when I ask him something or him randomly saying the days of the week in the back seat, or reading to him at night and he starts telling ME what the story is all about. I am learning to just STOP and listen to his sweet little voice. Because THIS is what motherhood is all about. Watching him change and grow and become a boy.
Lots of changes around here lately..... he started a new school this week and after only 2 days, we are super pleased! He got his screw out of his arm and is so close to being "back to normal". I can't wait to give him that shiny red bike we got him for his birthday that he hasn't seen yet! We went to the circus where he determined that the motorcycles were the best part (yes even over the elephants)! We have new neighbors next door that I am pretty sure Luke will be best buddies with their boy Carson! I am doing a bible study with some wonderful ladies on Sunday nights that takes me away from Chris and Luke for a couple of hours, but I feel makes me a better mom and wife come Monday. We celebrated 12 years of marriage with a peaceful getaway and discovered that we are still best friends and can climb any mountain together (literally, we climbed a mountain)!
As we near the holidays, we are looking forward to festivities of it all but also potential loss. Losing a loved one makes us fearful and anxious about what may be to come. I have continued prayers of comfort for our entire family that we can feel peace with what ever God's will is. We also look forward to the craziness of the holidays so I will remind myself to read the first part of this blog again and again so I won't forget to STOP and enjoy the small things.
Tuesday, October 15, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment