Actually, he loves ALL trains and his KK and Mimi have been spoiling him by taking him to ride on the zoo train often- lucky rascal! KK came and stayed with us a few days and he got to play hookie from school! They went to the park and the zoo and had a picnic.Then Mimi picks him up from school occasional and they sneak away to Orange Leaf and they just had a slumber party this last weekend.
He is so loved and we are so lucky to have our family so involved - we even got to talk with Paw Paw on the phone and Aunt Brina! This was a first.
Chris was home on Valentines Day so we took Luke lunch at his school and ate with him. I think he felt really special showing us off to all of his friends. He has a special friend who was his Valentine - seen below:
Then okay, so Mom got a little jealous and I had to grab him for a hug and kiss myself! :-) He got Freddy the Frog (seen below) and insisted on sleeping with him that night... Chris had to go get him out of my car- love it!
Then Mom & Dad how our Date Night for Valentines Day on Friday night and when we dropped Luke off at Mimi's he proudly declared HER as his Valentine! What a sneak!
- Mom- grace and confidence (okay so you may not think of me as graceful, but the little bit I have is from her) :)
- Dad- my pride in the things I work for
- Mee Maw- how to be a good wife in good and bad times - and how to make really good food!
- Paw Paw- to make wise choices and know that I will pay for it if I don't
- Aunt Donna- how to laugh when all you want to do is lay down and cry
- Uncle Jerry- how to take care of your body and the importance of staying fit
- Aunt Sheryl- how to appreciate different things and diversify your life (i.e. play tennis, shoot guns and get dressed up for a cocktail party - all in one day.:-)
This isn't my entire family listed but these are the folks I grew up around the most and spent the most time with. Luke will constantly have some of these people in his life and he will add some ones- but whoever they are, I hope he can look back and appreciate the "tools" they gave him. All of the people above share some genes with me and while I didn't give Luke any genes, but he sure got a great start with the ones got! And the rest of the "stuff" he has will be learned from me and Chris. Everyday I pray that God's helps us teach him how to handle to good, the bad and the ugly that comes with life- and especially the ugly because it's hard to deal with. The good times are easy.It the hard times that make us who we are and mold us in to warriors or weaklings. I hope he turns out as a warrior.





No comments:
Post a Comment