Friday, October 26, 2012

Falling into Fall

Rock Star







Hook em Horns




 













I have noticed a trend in the "blog community" lately. As me and my friends get busier with our little people the updates become less and less. Sometimes I feel guilty about it, only because I write my blog as documentation for Luke to look back on his life, his adoption and some "ups" and "downs" we had throughout his child hood and how we managed. I miss the updates from my friends but knowing there are fewer updates because they are off making memories with their kids makes me happy. 

So speaking of memories... we have made a few over the past month ourselves. I have mostly recovered from my detached retina -getting a good report on Monday. Now I am free to jump up down, run, bounce down the stairs AND even sleep on my back! Have I done any of those things since Monday....... just the sleeping on the back thing. Boy is my body having a hard time getting "active" again- but I am excited to get back into shape (right in time to lose my shape again through the holidays) LOL!
Luke is absolutely obsessed with pumpkins and ghost and Halloween overall. He likes but he's not too sure. That's my boy, daring but a little apprehensive until Mom says it's okay. He has become quite the "biter" - tasting all of his friends at day care but we are having a good dry spell at the moment so I will keep my fingers crossed. He is going potty on the potty more times than he goes in his diaper so we are excited and his teacher at day care says she wants to do pull ups so I am jazzed about that (better her than me)! :-) He is also a little parrot, repeating everything we say and trying every word he can. He knows his name and his age and how to count to 10! It is amazing to watch him learn. He started gymnastics a few weeks ago and really enjoys it (especially the monkey bars). 

I have become more active in my MOPS group and making time of daily activities when possible. I receive so much from the girls in this group that I feel it is crucial to be more involved. I believe it helps me be a better wife, mom and overall person. I am also heading up the social committee on my HOA (they kind of tricked me into it) but it has been a great way to meet more neighbors and have a voice about the neighborhood. We are having our Halloween social and hay ride tomorrow and this will be Luke's first time to participate so we are excited for him. 

Chris is back on the road and loving his new job. He is shaking things up! Since our patchy/rough summer I think we are learning and getting better at "rolling with it" a little more and even though we still plan, we are a little more flexible in our expectations than we used to be. So far so good. 

Hoping for a healthy fall season full of harvest, family and friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment