Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Everyone told me there would be days like this......

And I believed them..... and then it happened. I thought I would document this not only so I can look back in a few days (or years) and laugh but also so Luke can relive it with me.
So my day started like this:
  1. house alarm sirens go off at 4am (of course Chris is out of town)- I have no idea where to start so I put on my glasses, grab my gun and go out to tackle my intruder.
  2. Dogs are snoring so I assume perhaps we are safe but my adrenaline is pumping and after casing the entire house I discover I had set the alarm in "laser" mode and my awesome new Kuerig triggered the laser when it came on this at 4am (thanks honey).
  3. I of course cannot go back to sleep so I read for a while, while going over my "emergency" game plan and trying to determine what I would do different next time and how I would save myself, my child and 2 dogs.
  4. snooze back to sleep around 5:30am and drag myself out of bed around 7:30am
  5. Luke is having a challenging morning (most likely due to alarm sirens going off in his head) and he ends up with eggs in his lap and mostly no breakfast
  6. He heads to time out twice during bfast due to throwing food on his lap and on the floor
  7. I am rushing to get some docs out via email for work so I am ignoring him for the most part
  8. He heads to time out 2 more times due to "touching" the entertainment center where he is not supposed to
  9. during time out I acknowledge a terrible smell and that he has a bad poop diaper but I still haven't gotten my docs out for work so I put him in his bed for a while
  10. He cries in protest but then gets a little quiet - I decide to peek at him on the monitor and i can see that he has his pants down around his ankels and is looking at his fingers inquisitively
  11. Yes, my toddler has stuck his hand in his diaper and is smearing poop on his bed!
  12. I rush in before it gets too bad, change him and we head out for school
  13. The air in my tires are low, i fill them up in the 40 degree cold
  14. Work is work, just very busy when I would like to be napping
  15. End of the day comes and I have decided to put on my patience hat for the evening.
  16. Luke is in a grand mood when we get home and is excited about his Valentines Day package that KK has sent him.
  17. Before dinner he heads to the old time out corner twice for touching the entertainment center where he is not supposed to
  18. We sit down to eat spaghetti and he proceeds to throw it at me and the dogs (I am thinking it was too frustrating for him to get it on the fork) so i offer to feed it to him.
  19. Not having that either. He goes to time out twice DURING dinner and now has to sit back in his chair and watch me finish.
  20. He has completely come undone at this point and after I clean him up he goes back to time out 2 more times for guess what????? that's right, touching the entertainment center where he is not supposed to.
So here I am, at the end of this trying day, EXHAUSTED and having just joined Pinterest I can't get off the computer. I know to some, this may be a nothing, but let me tell you friends, it was enough for this mama today! My goodness-I hope we have a peaceful sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment