Sick of being Sick! Luke has had a daycare induced cold/cough for over 2 weeks now and I am now fighting a sinus infection. His situation came to a head this weekend though when he had a fever set in early Sat. morning (102.7- which is the highest he has ever had). But I was proud that I did not freak out (yet anyway) and got some advice from the nurse, got a Dr. appt. set for Monday, medicated him and he slept it off. Later that afternoon, he hit 103.8 (but not too panic b/c the nurse had already told me that 105 was the magic # for the emergency room) but I was beginning to freak. Keep in mind while awake, my child is acting complete normal, smiling and charming our dinner guest as well as entertaining himself while we cook. LOVE this boy. By early this morning we hit our high point so far (104.2) and I am freaking. But still am not rushing to the ER due to the advice of my fab nurses. We have spiked and lowered all day long and hanging on by a thread until our Dr. appt. We'll have 2 of those BTW, one for me and one for him. Ugh. AND to top it off, Chris hits the road again tomorrow --- until Saturday! So MIL to the rescue!!! KK is coming Tuesday so I can head back to work and keep my baby out of daycare until he is better. THANK GOODNESS! I KNOW what you are thinking.... it's not over yet. :-) He will probably get sick again once he goes back to school. :-(
Such a positive post huh? Well the positive is that we head to Hawaii in 3 weeks! Hooray! I did start detox this week but had to take a break on the 6th day due to the sickness. Hopefully when I finish I will feel awesome and drop a couple lb's.We are praying for brighter days this week!


Love all the posts. I had a lot of catching up to do. Hope everyone feels better soon!
ReplyDelete