Sunday, June 12, 2011

1 year young!




So, I couldn't call this blog "1 year OLD" because I can't stand the thought of my baby boy getting older! The word of the week in our house this week was LOVE. We had such an amazing weekend with friends and family and are so blessed that so many of them were able to join us for our celebration and we felt so loved. We started the birthday weekend with a haircut! That's right- before and after above. :-)Now he really looks like a little man!
1 year ago, our family was anxiously awaiting the little boy who turned our world upside down- I think I can speak for both of us when I say we had NO idea how much love & joy would enter our house when we brought him home..... okay, if Iam honest..... chaos too, but we expected that part!
I always knew that if you trusted God and put your faith in Him that you would be rewarded and your prayers would be answered, but I can say now that I didn't entirely understand this concept until He brought us Luke. You see, I had a plan for my life: finish college, find my husband while in college, get married after college, start working to pay off my college, live somewhere exotic or in a different state for a while, come back to TX and have kids before age 30 and live happily ever after. But God had his plan too and his was bigger than mine and as it turns out, MUCH better! I believe God brings every person into your life for a reason and just when you need them. He also takes people out of your life when you don't need them anymore. I needed Luke, Chris needed Luke and we needed him but just the same he needed us. You didn't know you were reading "deep thoughts, by Tiffany", did you? ;-)

Luke brings out the best in both of us and I am beginning to see him look to us for understanding and amwondering how I will tackle those pending questions he will have about things he won't understand. I can see him watching us and others. Listening to us and others. Laughing at us. Laughing with us. And there are no words to explain how the world seems like a better place when he smiles. I watch him learning and it amazes me. It is so cool how kids teach each other (and lots of times they are better at it than the parents) :-). People ask us often if we will adopt
another child and I know people say "how can I possibly love another one as much as I love this one" but I won't say that b/c I know could love another child as much as I love Luke.... I just don't want to right now. :-) You love every person the same amount but in different ways. Luke fills my every need for parenting and each year as he gets 'older' I hope

Happy Birthday Lukey- you are my sunshine!



No comments:

Post a Comment