Thursday, September 2, 2010

Full time mom heaven!

Well, yesterday was my "back to work" day and I can't say how thankful I am to the good Lord above and my husband for me not being there! The days with Luke seem to fly by and I now find myself looking at him thinking, "can I just bottle you up and keep you this size forever"? He is growing SO fast. He is now in his big boy bed in his own room. He seems to sleep well there... all through the night most times! That's right, my 12 week old is sleeping 8-10 hours straight (most nights). Iam not bragging by any means, because I know that can turn on a dime (he reminded me of that Weds. night).

He is really grabbing on to things now and just ALMOST laughs outloud at times- he grabs his toys, my hair, my earrings and my hands. He LOVES his owl toy and just lights up each time I set him in his bouncy to play with it. He also gets irritated with it after a certain period of time which I find very intersting... It is just nuts how he can go from screaming to the happiest baby in the world. Not that he screams much, only when he is very sleepy or gassy. :-) I would love to post some pictures because he has changed so much but we are having computer challenges currently and my pics are on another computer so I will post some next time.

We are excited to spend the weekend with Mimi for her birthday and Monday with Luke's play buddy, Jacoby who is only a few weeks younger. Those boys are gonna steal some hearts! Chris is dove hunting in Pearsall and starts his whirlwind Sept. travel on Tuesday. We are gonna miss him! I am working on getting back in shape.... loose my baby weight- ha! Seriously, I haven't ran more than 1.5 miles in 3 mths! My arms however, are in GREAT shape from toting this boy around (all 15+ pounds of him). Hoping to be back at the gym with Chris by mid Sept.

I can't believe Halloween is just around the corner! I am already getting questions about what he will be... are you kidding? We are still pinching ourselves that we will have someone else to dress up besides ourselves this year! Ha. Till next time....

1 comment:

  1. love love love that you are home with your sweet baby. darnit! wish i lived closer! snuggle with him and give him a kiss from his "auntie" Jenny.

    ReplyDelete