Saturday, July 31, 2010

7 weeks of new life












I can't believe we have had our little man for 7 weeks now! He changes daily and I am now wishing I could slow time down! He is eating 6-7oz every 4 hours and occassionally sleeps 5-7 hours at night! How lucky we are on those nights! He is very flexible with us when we need to pick up and go and enjoying the car rides more and more.






Chris celebrated his 38th birthday and I celebrated my 35th.... but we both agree we already received the greatest gift on June 10th. I did get a new fancy camera to capture Luke quickly bt haven't learned just how to download those pictures yet so I am a bit behind!Life has a different hum about it these days..... we are very invested in ensuring our home is the best place for him to be inside and out. We are hoping to have a nice backyard in a year and are working on getting more rugs down stairs so he will have more places to crawl and play! We enjoy introducing him to to our family and friends and I am loving being home with him to watch him grow and notice the world around him. Chris took a week long work trip this last week and oh how it was a long week! We are working to set up our webcam so he can see Luke when he is gone, but that plan will only work when he doesn't have to work all day and night! Chris has joined a gym and is on a personal work out plan.... I am finding myself very jealous since I haven't ran in over 5 weeks! I am excited for him and hope to join him in the gym when Luke gets old enough to stay in the child care area.





Hunter and Fisher are getting the dog houses they have always dreamed of (LOL)! I am excited they will have more shelter from the blazing sun and rain when we are away. Plus Chris will install a fan soon on the outside patio (just in time for the unbarable August heat) so I would say everyone's quality of life is definetily improving around here!










Off to church and more and building dog houses this afternoon (or supervising anyway). :-)










2 comments:

  1. I hear that somehow you are getting stuck with our sweet mutt here soon too. Sorry about that. Hope they all survive the heat.
    You always hear moms talking about how fast time flies, but you never realize it until you are one. It makes me tear up just thinking about it. Take it all in - even the frustrating times and take so many pictures you think you'll wear the camera out!!! So happy for you guys. Can't want to see him. Maybe you all could come to Dallas the weekend Steve gets home and we could all see him? I have a feeling Steve isn't going to want to go anywhere for a LONG LONG time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are happy to have Truman and help you all out and since i am joining the "stay at home mom club" I am up for a trip to see you all anytime if Chris can swing it.

    ReplyDelete