
Well, after some scambling around for 2 weeks, we are finally ready to mail our paperwork out this week to the agency and the social worker. THEN it will be official that are adopting.
For the last few days I have been overwhelmed with thoughts of how lucky we are and blessed. We have a wonderful, supportive family, a beautiful home, good jobs, and all of the opportunity in the world for a fabulous life! I find myself treasuring every day more and more instead of just trying to get through it and on to the next thing.
Our friends who are adopting as well- Jenny & Jerry, brought their long awaited baby girl home on Friday-Abigail Elizabeth! It seemed so real to me that that could be us in no time at all. My first question to Jenny was "how do you know what to do with her?". She seemed so calm throughout our conversation when I am quite sure I would be, and WILL be a basket case! Jenny says your instincts just kick in, but I am still thinking a book would do me good. LOL!
We will miss those of you who will not be with us this Thanksgiving, but know that we are thinking of you and you are in our prayers for a wonderful day. I am off work this week to prepare for the big day and plan on enjoying cooking in the kitchen, drinking wine and probably a little champagne from my NEW flutes! Pictures from previous Thanksgiving celebrations.
Sorry we missed you this week. We spent two days looking at homes and have decided on one that is close to you I think. Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDelete